ShowBox makes it pretty easy to stream any movie you fancy. Undoubtedly, this app is unbeatable when it comes to the size and diversity of the content library, the picture quality and the promptness of updating of content.
It is available as an apk file freely online. There are no costs to pay with using ShowBox, except your internet bill. But like all good things, this one too has a limitation. ShowBox apk file cannot be installed on any device except Android smartphones since no other OS can process apk files.
Can We get ShowBox for Windows?
Thankfully, we can. The hurdle in our way is that we cannot get apk files to run on Windows OS. But you can indeed install an intermediary software that translates the instructions you offer through Windows OS into an Android format for the app. This class of software is called Android Emulator. The most well known are BlueStacks and ARC Welder. Let’s see how we can get ShowBox app to work on Windows using these.
Installing ShowBox app via BlueStacks:
You can get ShowBox to run on your Windows PC using this free software called BlueStacks. You can find it on its official site. Here’s what you need to do to get ShowBox to work.
- Download and Install Bluestacks from the official website into your PC. The software is about 30 MBs, so you might have to be a little patient with it.
- Once installed, login into the app using a gmail account. This will enable Google’s many services on the device.
- Download Showbox Latest App On Pc from the internet.
- Right click the apk file to go to Open With. Choose Bluestacks.
- The installation should complete momentarily.
- You can then go to the Play Store on the emulator to install MX Player to play your videos. Or, you can also look up GrowBox apk through your usual internet browser and install it just like ShowBox.
Your Windows device is now ready to play all the movies you like and more.
Installing ShowBox app using ARC Welder:
ARC Welder is pretty impressive to use when you want to use Android apps on your PC. This method is superior to any other since you only need Google Chrome and a measly extension, both of which are free to download from the internet. Here’s what you need to do.
- Download and install Google Chrome if you don’t already have it on your PC.
- ARC Welder is an extension that can be found in the Apps button on the top left of the screen. Add it to your Chrome.
- Once installed, Download ShowBox apk from the internet. Go to ARC Welder.
- Choose your directory if you haven’t already. Next, press Add APK, and choose ShowBox apk.
- Choose a resolution you are comfortable with, and press Test.
- The app should play as normal on your Chrome Browser. Launch the app in a new tab if you ever encounter connectivity problems.
You can also use other apps like Genymotion, Andy or Manymo to play ShowBox movies on your Windows PC.